Venue Sales Manager
DSM Management Group Inc.
Position: Venue Rental & Events Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Patron Services
FLSA Classification: Full Time Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
Through its subsidiary, DSM Management Group, Dallas Summer Musicals operates and manages the 3,400-seat Music Hall at Fair Park under a long-term lease. The Music Hall serves primarily as the home for DSM’s Best of Broadway Series, in residence in the venue for 15 to 24 weeks per year.
The Venue Rentals and Events Manager is responsible for actively marketing The Music Hall as a versatile space for public and private events, other than Broadway, to generate profitable growth in rental and ancillary revenues.
- Create and implement a venue leasing strategy with objectives, goals and action plans to increase short- and long-term revenue stream from venue rentals.
- Engage in ongoing outside sales activities utilizing telephone sales and time outside the office in face-to-face meetings with prospective clients.
- Conduct ongoing research into the competitive environment, peer markets and venues across Texas and nationally, event organizers locally such as convention centers, etc.
- Conduct ongoing sales lead development among major promoters (AEG, Live Nation, others), independent promoters, agents, etc.
- Create a pipeline of rental prospects and manage relationships from top of funnel awareness and interest, through contract negotiation, to conversion and into return leasing/event space rental.
- Develop communications plan along with DSM marketing staff to maintain ongoing communication with prospective rental clients
- Serve as the first point of contact for inbound building leasing inquiries and conduct initial site visits and additional visits with potential clients.
- Interface with various 3rd party vendors (i.e. parking, security, front of house/usher, DPD traffic and safety officers), and DSM production and administrative staff, and others regarding lessee needs, financial reporting/settlement, ticketing, and other standard operating procedures.
- Manage all high profile rental events as the venue representative and manage most other rental events.
- Manage budget, venue/Fair Park schedules (Music Hall space availability is largely determined by Broadway programming schedules), forecast sales and budget accordingly.
Credentials and Skill Sets
- Record of success in related event sales/service position: venue, hotel, convention center.
- Bachelor’s Degree with business emphasis preferred.
- Strong outside sales/business development skills, able to use a variety of approaches to market the venue and drive new sales.
- Effective networking skills with a proven ability to identify potential clients and build business relationships.
- Able to monitor the pricing of competitor properties, understand the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and able to take appropriate sales actions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a wide range of client types including industry trade groups, amateur arts groups, major corporations, etc.
Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel; knowledge of venue management and sales databases very helpful.
DSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed),gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, sub-contractors, vendors, and clients.