Ushers play a vital role in our patronexperience at Dallas Summer Musicals (DSM). It is our goal to provide a theatre experience that is unsurpassed in North Texas. We are looking for smiling faces who enjoy interacting with the public to join our team at Music Hall.
- Greet patrons in a friendly manner and offer assistance as needed such as collecting admission tickets, executing security measures, searching for lost articles and locating facilities.
- Guide patrons to seats or exits safely.
- Maintain order and adherence to safety rules.
- Distribute programs and promotional materials to patrons.
- Facilitate use of the facilities which may include line management and direction.
- Enforcing theater rules and policies which may include retrieving electronic devices or instructing patrons to turn off electronic devices.
- Assisting patrons with special needs including wheelchair assistance or stair assistance.
- Escalating requests or concerns to House Manager or DSM management as needed.
- Performing post-show closing duties as needed.
- Implementing security procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must:
- Be able to work entire shift as scheduled; often standing.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs
- The ability to positively engage with DSM ever growing diverse audience base.
- Possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Good communication skills
- Weekly Pay
- Uniform provided
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity for growth