Contractor-Production Stage Manager, DSM HSMTA
Position responsibilities will focus on collaborating in the development of the annual Dallas Summer Musicals High School Musical Theatre Awards (DSM HSMTA), which will take place on May 14, 2020. The Production Stage Manager (PSM) is responsible for tracking blocking, maintaining communication among all members of the production team, DSM staff and participating students, and calling the technical cues within the production.
- Main point of contact between participating students, production team, DSM staff and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Creation and maintaining of rehearsal reports, daily calls, run sheets, props, costume tracking and other documents as needed for the success of the production.
- Tracking blocking and choreography as created by the Director and Choreographer.
- Running rehearsals with safety in mind as a priority.
- Calling of all technical elements of the DSM HSMTA during the production.
- Assisting the Director, Music Director and Choreographer as needed.
- Recruit and aid in the hiring of two (2) assistant stage managers and four (4) production assistants, within approved budgets.
Required credentials, experience and skills:
- 3+ years working as a professional Stage Manager.
- Ideal candidate will have a passion for arts education and working with young people, educators and artists, and 3+ years experience working with high school students.
- Strong ability to understand the DSM HSMTA as a competition based on collaboration and not divisiveness and convey this attitude to all involved in the production
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and professionalism.
- Strong communication and good interpersonal skills; at ease relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Selected candidates may be required to fill out a Conflict of Interest form.
- Candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified or be willing to attain certification prior to beginning official duties of the position.
- Availability for all key meetings, rehearsals and tech/performance dates beginning in early February 2020 through May 2020, including weekend and evening rehearsals as needed. Tentative dates include:
- February 7, 2020: Production Meeting
- March 13, 2020: Production Meeting
- April 10, 2020: Production Meeting
- April 25, 2020: Rehearsal
- May 2, 2020: Rehearsal
- May 9, 2020: Rehearsal
- May 11, 2020: Tech
- May 12, 2020: Tech/Dress
- May 13, 2020: Tech/Dress
- May 14, 2020: Awards Show
- Strong belief in collaboration both within the organization and outside of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in arts-related and or educational area preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish or additional languages is a plus.
- AEA contracts not available for this position.
DSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, sub-contractors, vendors, and clients.